Sunday, December 13, 2009

Requesting Court Support

Tuesday, December 15th at 1:30 pm
DPT. 53 - 220 W BROADWAY, SD CA 92111

www.EugeneDavidovich.com

My name is Eugene Davidovich, I’m a twenty year resident of San Diego, a medical cannabis patient, and a victim of Operation Green Rx and San Diego District Attorney Bonnie Dumanis’ brutal ambition to overturn California’s Compassionate Use Act.

After having served four years in the Navy, including two deployments to the Gulf, medals, commendations and an honorable discharge I began to experience serious medical symptoms. With the use of medical cannabis I found relief from the symptoms without the debilitating side-effects I’d experienced with prescription drugs. During my treatment I was able to complete a Bachelors Degree then a Masters in Business Administration, all while building a successful career as a project manager in software development field.

Then, as a result of law enforcement’s lack of training in California law or its unwillingness to follow that law, all collectives dispensing medical cannabis in San Diego were targeted and systematically closed, effectively eliminating safe access to medicine in San Diego.

After reading the newly provided State Attorney General’s (AG) guidelines for cannabis collectives I formed my own collective and began to lawfully cultivate, and collectively distribute medical cannabis to other members of this collective on a non-profit basis according to the state law of Proposition 215, SB420 and the help of the AG guidelines.
Last year I received a call from a man calling himself Jamie Conlan and asking to join the collective. After a rigorous qualification process where Mr. Conlan presented both a driver’s license and a medical recommendation which he lied to a doctor to obtain, I allowed to him to join and obtain medication from the collective.

Some months later, my Mission Valley apartment was raided by an armed narcotics team and I was taken to the police station where I met Conrado DeCastro who revealed Operation Green Rx. I was to discover later through the prosecutor’s discovery that the officers of the operation were targeting collectives from Cal NORML’S web site and posing as legitimate patients to obtain cannabis recommendations from doctors and then entrap collectives. I was shown two large binders with names and told “we are gonna’ bring all you medical pot people down.” Charged with four felonies, I was taken to jail, for legally providing a patient $120.00 worth of medical cannabis. I didn’t think things could get much worse.

Imagine my shock to find that the DA held a news conference of manufactured lies, touting the success of what they now referred to as Operation Endless Summer, depicting me as a dangerous dealer of large amounts of heroin, meth, marijuana, as well as trotting out the “don’t mess with the military” and the “streets of navy housing” mantra that the San Diego DA Bonnie Dumanis has been maintaining ever since. The evening news quickly picked up the story showing video footage of me at the arraignment hearing, and again listing drugs which did not exist nor with which I had any involvement, let alone charged with selling.

As a result of the false press conference, the police refusal to follow the law and the prosecutor attempting to deny the court evidence that I am a patient protected by medical cannabis laws, I am in the fight of my life.

Please help stop this illegal operation, senseless waste, abuse, harassment of legitimate patients, and the bias of a select few by supporting me in court on Tuesday, December 15, 2009 at 1:30pm in Department 53.

Please visit my website to see the actual video of the delivery of medicine to the undercover, as well as some of the work I have done to raise awareness to the issue since my arrest.

Eugene Davidovich
www.eugenedavidovich.com

1 comment:

  1. Now it’s time to find another candidate for San Diego DA. There is at least one effort underway now…
    http://bonniedamantis.wordpress.com/2009/12/13/candidate-wanted-district-attorney-for-the-county-of-san-diego/

    Pledge your support to help find another candidate…
    http://bonniedamantis.wordpress.com/2009/12/13/financialpledge-for-district-attorney-of-san-diego/

    ReplyDelete

1/20 San Diego City Planning Commission Meeting

To see all the San Diego ASA News Briefs visit: YouTube.com/SafeAccessSD